The Office Manager serves as a support to the administration in
managing the office and communications aspects of the childcare program. This person will exhibit excellent organizational skills, listening and communication skills, along with interpersonal skills in
dealing with children, parents and other staff members. The Office Manager will be under the direct supervision of the Director. This position is designated as a full time salaried level of employment.
- Oversee clerical tasks, including sorting documents, attend to mail, both electronic and physical, and distribute/compose necessary documents and communication pieces
- Keep regular inventory of office supplies, along with teaching materials and equipment and order new materials as needed
- Update and maintain files of all employees and students to stay within the DHS requirements. Maintain and update accounts receivable and vendor accounts
- Welcome, properly vet, and direct visitors who come to the center
- Answer and direct phone calls and deliver messages as needed
- Assist with planning and preparation of scheduled meetings
- Assist with activities within the classroom as needed
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, training events, and other scheduled events for the center
- Adhere to all DHS state and TN 3 Star regulations and requirements related to licensing
- Maintain commitment to professionalism by promoting center’s philosophy and objectives and support NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Perform other job-related duties as deemed necessary by the facility director
- Associates degree in business management or related field
- 5+ years of experience in educational office management or related field
- First Aid/ CPR training certification
- An active, healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion about the care and nurturing of young children
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A genuine spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- A willingness to expand knowledge and skills in teaching
Tylertown Learning Center leadership expects the Office Manager to be a strong, supportive component of the overall program implementation, to invest in current and future avenues of training to expand their skill and knowledge of childcare ministry, and to commit to best practices for the enhancement and growth of the center. Tylertown Learning Center administration also expects the Office Manager to make their Christian faith a vital and important aspect of their service, giving priority to personal growth and understanding of all aspects of their life in Christ, and leading others by their example.