The Assistant Director serves as a support to the director in establishing a safe, healthy, home-like environment for the families and staff of Tylertown Learning Center. This person will exhibit excellent leadership skills in daily childcare management in accordance to TN state licensing regulations, along with ministry goals set by Tylertown Church. The Assistant Director is under the direct supervision of the Director and will assume all administrative responsibilities and operational duties in the absence of the Director. This position is a full time, salary level job.
- Prepare, organize, and manage all supplies, equipment, and written records of the facility; conduct inventory and make office and teaching material purchase orders as needed.
- Give support with communications to parents, teaching staff, and community, providing services in composing, editing, printing, distributing, and posting communications when needed. This includes but is not limited to calendars, newsletters, memos, logs, signs, and records.
- Give support in the planning and preparation of staff training; conduct training as needed.
- Monitor staff members to ensure accurate performance of assigned responsibilities and adherence to program philosophy.
- Assist with conducting informational facility tours with potential family clients
- Preside as acting director when the director is absent from the facility.
- Provide overall support of the learning program, including but not limited to facility maintenance and management, classroom support, substitute teaching, and miscellaneous office responsibilities.
- Maintain commitment to professionalism by promoting center’s philosophy and objectives and support NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Perform other job-related duties as deemed necessary by the facility director
- Four-Year degree in ECE or related field
- TECTA certification desired, but not required
- 5+ years of experience in ECE teaching
- 3+ years of experience in ECE management or related field
- FIRST AID / CPR training
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office and other pertinent computer applications
- An active, healthy, personal relationship with Christ
- A passion for the care and nurturing of young children
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization /management skills
- A willingness to expand knowledge and skills in leadership
Tylertown Learning Center leadership expects the Assistant Director to be a strong, supportive component of the overall program implementation, to invest in current and future avenues of training to expand their skill and knowledge of childcare ministry, and to commit to best practices for the enhancement and growth of the center. Tylertown Learning Center administration also expects the Assistant Director to make their Christian faith a vital and important aspect of their service, giving priority to personal growth and understanding of all aspects of their life in Christ and leading others by their example.