Afternoon Assistant Teacher (Part Time) –
The Afternoon Teacher serves as a support in managing the assigned classroom to establish a healthy, enriching, teaching environment. This person will exhibit excellent listening and communication skills,
along with interpersonal skills in dealing with children, parents and other staff members. The Afternoon Teacher will be under the direct supervision of the center Director and Assistant Director. Hourly rate will be determined commensurate with credentials of the candidate.
Base hourly rate: $9.00-10.00/hour
- Give assistance to ensuring the health, safety and engagement of every child in the classroom
- Assist in setting up each learning center with activities current with the teaching topic
- Support teaching by engaging in active play with children
- Provide needed help with additional scheduled activities, such as snack time, lunch, bathroom breaks, naptime, and outside play
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of classroom supplies and equipment
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, training events, and other scheduled events for the center
- Adhere to all DHS state and TN 3 Star regulations and requirements related to licensing
- Maintain commitment to professionalism by promoting center’s philosophy and objectives and support NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Perform other job-related duties as deemed necessary by the facility director.
- TECTA Certification
- 1+ years of teaching experience
- First Aid/CPR training certification