The Extended Care Coordinator serves as the primary facilitator in
managing the assigned classroom to establish a healthy, enriching, teaching environment. This person will exhibit excellent skills in classroom organization, curriculum implementation, and effective
communication with children, parents and fellow team members. The Extended Care Coordinator will be under the direct supervision of the center administrative team.
This position is designated as a part time hourly level of employment.
- Develop and manage the daily operations of the Extended Care program activities
- Manage and assess part time staff associated with the Extended Care Program
- Solicit, secure and coordinate activities with community partners to provide students with continued education and enrichment
- Oversee and manage the participation of each student enrolled in the program
- Work closely with the Director to develop an appropriate annual curriculum which expands and supports the learning experience beyond the classroom
- Inventory all necessary supplies, equipment, and materials and submit purchase orders as needed for the program
- Compile and record data of student participation, attendance, scheduled activities, and other necessary information pertinent to the program
- Ensure that families are well informed of their child’s experiences and participation in the program through newsletters, calendar of events and other means of communication
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, training events, and other scheduled events for the center
- Adhere to all DHS state and TN 3 Star regulations and requirements related to licensing
- Maintain commitment to professionalism by promoting center’s philosophy and objectives and support NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Perform other job-related duties as deemed necessary by the facility director
- 2 year Associates Degree in Education or related field
- 2+ years of Elementary level teaching experience
- First Aid/CPR training certification
- An active, healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion about the care and nurturing of young children
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A genuine spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- A willingness to expand knowledge and skills in teaching
Tylertown Learning Center leadership expects the Extended Care Coordinator to be a strong, supportive component of the overall program implementation, to invest in current and future avenues of training to expand their skill and knowledge of childcare ministry, and to commit to best practices for the enhancement and growth of the center. Tylertown Learning Center administration also expects the Extended Care Coordinator to make their Christian faith a vital and important aspect of their service, giving priority to personal growth and understanding of all aspects of their life in Christ and leading others by their example.